|Building a Brighter Tomorrow|
February 6 - No School
February 8 - Parent Teacher Conferences
February 20- Presidents Day, No School
Breakfast is available for students beginning at 7:30am.
Instructional hours are 7:45 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
Students start each day watching the WHA News.
Preschool-6th grade students
- plain, white or blue, collared shirts
- navy or khaki pants, skirts, capris, jumpers, or knee-length shorts
- solid blue or white hoodies, sweatshirts, or sweaters
Students are not permitted to wear:
- Jeans of any color
- Hats, head gear, scarves, or bandanas
- Embroidered/tie-dyed/midriff or halter tops
- Short skirts or shorts (must be no shorter than 2 inches above knee)
- Muscle shirts or long shirts that are not tucked in
- Slits in clothes or skin tight clothes
- Drooping pants
- FLIP FLOPS or open-toed shoes
- Outside jackets or vests in class - (jackets with zippers)
-Students are expected to be in school every day except in cases of illness, emergency or school approved absences. Notify the school when your child is absent; if you have not notified the office, your home will be called. A written note is required upon return stating the reason for absence.
-Attendance problems are referred to the School Social Worker.
-Students who are frequently tardy and /or absent may be denied extracurricular field trips so that they may make up class time. They also may be referred to Truancy Mediation and/or Children’s Services.
Rewarding students for responsible behavior is a very important part of our discipline plan. There will be age-appropriate incentive activities in individual classes, teams, and school-wide. To be eligible for incentives, students must be in uniform every day. Behavior, academics, attendance and wearing uniform are the basis for incentives.